Sunday, February 21, 2010

my 650b story

i started out mounatin biking a bit over two years ago. when i first began riding i was borrowing bikes from friends and i had no idea where to start. coming from a fixed gear/single speed and bmx backround i was looking at rigid bikes and originally i wanted ss. becuase i had never really had a mtb i did not want my first to be ss but i liked the 1x9 idea. i was torn between a 29er and 26er.


i had previously owned a redline monocog for commuting and with my inseam+heigth i felt it was too big even with a small frame. then 650b came up in a conversation and i was immidiatly sold on it. i purchased a haro beasley 1x9 as soon as soon as they were available. after riding for a few months i realized everyone was riding xc fs bike so i figured i was missing out. i saved up and purchased haros xeon expert. while riding the xeon i found out about xtracycles and fell in love, ordered a kit up and the only bike i had to build it to was my beasley.


since that day its been over a year and ive had a few bikes between and all of them where 26". after riding my buddys 29er last weekend ive had nothing but 650b thoughts going through my head. so i followed them and took apart my xtracycle and built up the beasley again. a bit different from stock but i made it work with spare parts from the shop and garage.

here it is almost done.

heres me trying to decide between hayes and shimano!

whoo hoo its done!



i rode it around town tonight after building it and had a blast. i think im going to ride it in my next race. the platform pedals are only on there at the moment because all of my 3 out of 5 of my EGGBEATERS are out for warrently and the are LAGGING! im going to try out some speedplays now and see what theyre all about.
other then all that i guess thats it. thank you for reading and i hope you enjoyed my life story of mountain biking. p.s. this bike needs more ti! its a tank atm. i do plan on putting 1.95-2.1 tires on when these are done.

No comments:

Post a Comment